- For admission to Pre-K, Georgia state law requires a student must be four years old on or before September 1st.
- For admission to Kindergarten, the applicant must be 5 years of age before September 1st.
- For admission to the 1st grade, the applicant must be 6 years of age before September 1st.
- Students must meet state standards for immunization. A religious exemption is not recognized.
- SJNRCS follows the admissions principles and notification dates of Atlanta Area Association of Independent Schools – AAAIS
St. John Neumann Regional Catholic School admits students of any race, gender, color, national, or ethnic origin and does not discriminate in the administration of educational policies, admissions policies, tuition assistance programs, or any other school-administered programs.
For more information contact Admissions Director, Anna Abbott, email@example.com
We would love to give you a personal tour after school. If you are transferring mid-year or would like to visit during the school day tours are available, by appointment only. To schedule a private tour, please click the button below to email us and we will set up a time with you.
St. John Neumann Regional Catholic School depends primarily on tuition to meet the operating costs of the school. The school’s primary revenues are derived from tuition and fees with additional funds generated through contributions to the Annual Fund and other fundraising activities. It is only through the charging of adequate tuition that the school can meet operating expenses, maintain quality, and ensure the long-term viability of the school.
2021 – 2022 Tuition
Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 8
- Catholic Students Active Parish Rate: $8,780/year or $878.00/month per student.
- Non-Parish/Non-Catholic Rate: $11,445/year or $1145.20/month per student.
Curriculum & Activity Fees
Pre-K Book Fee: $150
Kindergarten – 8th Grade Book Fee: $325
Kindergarten – 3rd Technology Fee:$150
4th – 8th Technology Fee: $250
Home and School Association Fee and Party Retreat Fee: $75
Fees for each student are billed in August or on the first day of school for students entering during the school year. Fee’s non-refundable.
FACTS Management Company electronically processes all tuition payments. Tuition payments can be made two ways.
- Annual Payments – You will receive a tuition discount of $150 if you pay in full. ** Please note if you receive tuition assistance, there will be no discount
- 10 Month Payment Plan – Tuition payments are spread over a ten-month period. The first payment is due by June 20 for current students or within 15 days of acceptance for new students. The other nine payments are due September through May on the date selected, either the 5th or 20th of the month.
Tuition must be kept current. A $30 fee will be charged by FACTS for payments not processed due to insufficient funds.
SJNRCS through funds provided by the Archdiocese of Atlanta and through GRACE Scholars, Inc. We strive to ensure that a Catholic education is accessible to everyone, regardless of income. In recent years we have given over $480,000 per year in financial assistance in financial aid. Individual amounts vary based upon the financial need of each family.
The school’s financial assistance program is committed to need-based financial aid. Archdiocesan-funded tuition assistance is available to active Catholic families and is awarded as a grant. Families requesting financial assistance must complete an application through FACTS. Additionally, a signed Parish Verification Form indicating active status must be on file at the school for consideration for Archdiocesan-funded tuition assistance. Financial aid is offered without regard to race or ethnic origin. All financial aid information provided by families is held in the strictest confidence.
Financial assistance is also available to non-Catholic families. An application through FACTS must be completed for consideration.
Applying for financial aid does not influence the admission decision. Students are accepted based on academic merit and personal qualities. Applications for financial aid are not addressed until after a student’s application for admission has been considered. Financial aid is not renewed automatically. Families receiving financial aid need to reapply each year.
The FACTS application is available online at the FACTS website. The tuition assistance application must be mailed or completed online by March 1st for the upcoming year, for full consideration.
Admission Dates to apply for the 2021-2022 School Year
November 1s: Applications Open
November 17th: Coffee with the Principal 9 A.M.
November: Wednesday’s: 9:00 A.M. E-Tours for Prospective Students
January 31st:– Annual Open House 3-5P.M.
February 5th and March 12th: Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten applicants screening, observation, and interview
February 8th: Application Deadline
February 20th: Applicants for grades 1st -8th screening and interview
March 1st: Financial Aid Application deadline (including GRACE Scholars)
April 2nd: Notification letters mailed
April 15th: Acceptance Response Deadline
To attend SJNRCS the following items must be received before the student’s application file is complete and considered for admission.
- Complete our online application and submit it with a $125.00 non-refundable application fee.
- An original birth certificate. We will make a copy of your original and return it back to you.
- A baptismal certificate for families applying for the reduced Catholic tuition rate.
- A Parish Verification Form for families applying for the reduced Catholic tuition rate. Your parish verification must be from an Archdiocesan Catholic Church in the state of Georgia. A new Parish Verification Form must be submitted to your pastor every year for determining tuition status for the following school year.
- A Student Evaluation form must be submitted to the child’s current school. The school will mail it directly to SJNRCS.
- For students applying for grades 1-8, we will need an Authorization to Release Student Records Form. This form requests records from the current school. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance. Please also submit copies of
- Your child’s latest report card and all past report cards
- The results of any standardized tests your child has taken.
All students must submit all health forms must be on file prior to the first day of attendance. A complete record is required by law in the State of Georgia and by the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- Georgia Certificate of Immunization, Form 3231
- Certificate of Vision, Hearing, and Dental Examinations, Form 3300
- The Archdiocesan Health Form information is required prior to the first day of attendance. For participation in sports, this physical examination is required each year to be completed after June 1 for the upcoming school year.
Georgia Residents Assisting Children’s Education (GRACE) Scholars, Inc. provides scholarships to children from families with financial need. To be eligible for a GRACE award, the student must be a resident of the state of Georgia, demonstrate financial need, and must be either entering a Catholic school for the first time at the second grade or above from a Georgia public school or entering first grade, kindergarten or an accredited pre-kindergarten program. There is no requirement for the student to be Catholic. The student must be accepted to SJNRCS, and the family must apply for financial aid through FACTS. The completed GRACE Scholars, Inc. Family Registration Form must also be sent to the school. Qualifying families will be notified by the school and GRACE Scholars, Inc. of any scholarship amount awarded. If an award is granted, GRACE Scholars, Inc. issues a check in the family’s name directly to the school. The family then endorses the award check to the school in order to reduce the tuition balance. Once a GRACE scholarship is awarded, the student will continue qualifying for the aid as long as the family demonstrates financial need and the student remains in good academic standing with the school.
Please note that GRACE Scholars, Inc. is the official student scholarship organization (SSO) for the schools sponsored by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Atlanta. All students receiving GRACE Awards have demonstrated financial need as determined by a third-party analysis of a family’s ability to pay tuition.
Schools in the Archdiocese of Atlanta reserve the right to decline to fund from SSOs which do not award scholarships based on financial need. In addition, the maximum amount of SSO scholarships awarded to students in Archdiocesan Schools is the lowest of the following: student’s calculated financial need; 80% of the tuition rate applicable to the student; an index of per-pupil public school spending in Georgia; or, the maximum cap established by the local school.
GRACE Scholars, Inc., welcomes the transfer of funding from one SSO to another as allowed by state law. In these instances, the school reserves the right to award GRACE scholarships in accordance with local procedures.
The FACTS application is available online at the FACTS website, https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3C303. The tuition assistance application must be mailed or completed online by March 1st for the upcoming year.
All applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee, which bases its decision on the school’s ability to meet the applicant’s needs. Acceptance is generally based on a review of the following: age, SJNRCS Admissions Testing results, report cards, standardized testing results, student evaluations, teacher observation, and space availability. Falsification of records (birth certificate, report card, etc.) or the withholding of pertinent information regarding the student is not permitted. Admission to SJNRCS will be refused should this occur.
All applicants are tested by appointment from the applications received. Please refer to the admission dates tab for our current testing schedule. Testing for applications received after these dates or during the active school year is scheduled on an individual basis.
While the screening is required for all applicants, it does not guarantee acceptance. Factors to be considered in the decision to accept any student are academic performance, effort, behavior, and work study habits. Entrance tests are only one means of determining if SJNRCS can meet the applicant’s needs and if a child will meet with academic success at SJNRCS.
After meeting the admissions qualifications, priority consideration will be given to siblings of current students, Catholic students transferring from another Catholic School, active Catholic students, non-active Catholic students, and non-Catholic students.
All notification letters are mailed the first Friday of April. If accepted, the first month’s tuition payment is due in June. If there are no openings available, the student is placed on a waiting list for the school year. The students on the waiting list are not ranked. When an opening occurs, placement is determined by looking at the school profile of all students on the waiting list. All decisions are made by the Admissions Committee.