Here is everything you need to know about the first day of school at SJNRCS. What to bring and how the day will run!
Dear St. John Neumann Parents and Families,
I hope you are relaxing and enjoying the remaining days of summer. The new school year is quickly approaching, and we are excited for your children to once again fill the halls.
As I mentioned in my previous email, the first day of school is August 6, 2018, which is a day of learning routines, expectations, and celebrating learning. Please read this letter in its entirety, we would not want you to miss any important details that will help make this first day a success for you and your child (ren).
1st Day of School –7:50 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- All parents and children park in the back-parking lot, entering through the cafeteria doors. All parents will park in the back parking lot for drop off and dismissal. All after school activities will take place in the front parking lot.
- Bring only those supplies listed for the first day of school (all others come on back to school night). You may print a copy of the supply list here.
- Walk your children to their classrooms (class lists will be uploaded to RenWeb on August 2nd).
- If you want additional time to talk to your child’s teacher, you may sign-up when you drop them off. Teachers will be available in the afternoon.
- After dropping your child off, you will come to the cafeteria for a mandatory parent meeting at 8:00 A.M. (coffee and donuts will be available).
- Following the meeting you will verify your information on Renweb, drop off completed paperwork, hear from our specials teachers, and register with your I.D. on our Hall Pass, check-in system, in the front office.
- Any new or returning parents that want to volunteer and have not participated in the required training have an opportunity on this day to get this done. It is being offered from 9:00 A.M. to 11:50 A.M. at the Church. This is mandatory in order to volunteer at school or school events (August 8 from 6-9 P.M. is the next available class at SJN).
- You must also have a background check completed. Ms. Shema, our Administrative Assistant can set that up. Please email her at email@example.com.
- Please sign your child out from their classroom (homeroom) at 12:00 P.M. Do not line up outside of the classroom to pick up your children until 11:55 A.M. If you have multiple children, please pick up the youngest first.
- Put your children’s school supplies in the car, bring your folding chairs up to the front parking lot and join us in celebrating the opening of school.
- No Extended Day Program (EDP) on Monday, August 6th. EDP will begin on Tuesday August 7th
Celebration and Community Building (12:00- 1:30 P.M.)
- The front parking lot will be blocked off on Monday, August 6 to set up for dismissal. Please do not try to park there.
- Food trucks will be available (Hot dogs, BBQ and Kona Ice) for lunch, please bring money if you would like to buy lunch for your children and yourself. We will have bouncy houses for playing. The cost of food is approximately $6 to $10 a person.
- This is a time for all to get to know one another, celebrate a new year and build excitement for what is to come.
August 7 – 10 are regular school days 7:50 A.M. – 3:15 P.M. We look forward to a great start of the year. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the office.
Yours in Christ,
Dr. Julie Broom, Principal