St. John Neumann Regional Catholic School admits students of any race, color, gender, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students. SJNRCS will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national and ethnic origin in the administration of our educational and admission policies, scholarships and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
NEW STUDENT APPLICATION PROCESS
November marks the beginning of the admissions process at SJNRCS. Our Open House in November and January provides families the opportunity to tour our campus, visit our classrooms, and meet with our teachers. Applications for the next school year are available and are first accepted at this time.
Student shadowing is available for all prospective applicants. It is designed to give interested students the opportunity to spend the day or part of the day attending classes with a SJNRCS student. Student shadowing is a great way for prospective students to meet others in their current grade and to explore the learning environment at SJNRCS. Students participate in all classroom activities, including academics and specials — art, computer, guidance, media, music, p.e., and Spanish.
Key Dates for Admission ’17 – ’18 School Year
Application process opens for ’17 -’18 school year
November 13 and January 29
Open House dates for prospective families / Applicant packets available
Kindergarten applicant testing by appointment
Kindergarten applicant testing by appointment
Grade 1 — 8 applicant testing by appointment
Financial Aid Application deadline (including GRACE Scholars)
Notification letters mailed
Acceptance response deadline
We are now holding an Open House every Tuesday morning from 9:30-10:30am. Please arrive no later than 9:20am to give yourself ample time to fill out a check-in sheet and enjoy some coffee and donuts. The school tour will begin promptly at 9:30am. We hope to see you!
If you can not make it on a Tuesday, tours are available, by appointment only, between 9AM and 1PM. Please call the school office at 770-381-0557, ext 25 to speak to the Admissions Director, Mrs. Rosa Garcia, or send her an e-mail at email@example.com.
All applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee, which bases its decision on the school’s ability to meet the applicant’s needs. Acceptance is generally based on a review of the following: age, SJNRCS Admissions Testing results, report cards, standardized testing results, student evaluations, teacher observation, and space availability. Falsification of records (birth certificate, report card, etc.) or the withholding of pertinent information regarding the student is not permitted. Admission to SJNRCS will be refused should this occur.
On or before September 1: all Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old and all first grade applicants must be 6 years old. Only students who are currently enrolled in a Catholic School and relocating to the Atlanta area will be considered for admission into the SJNRCS eighth grade class.
All applicants are tested by appointment from the applications received. Kindergarten applicants are tested in February and students in Grade 1-8 are tested in late February or early March. Testing for applications received after these dates is scheduled on an individual basis. While the screening is required for all applicants, it does not guarantee acceptance. Factors to be considered in the decision to accept any student are: academic performance, effort, behavior, and work study habits. Entrance tests are only one means of determining if SJNRCS can meet the applicant’s needs and if a child will meet with academic success at SJNRCS.
After meeting the admissions qualifications, priority consideration will be given to siblings of current students, Catholic students transferring from another Catholic School, active Catholic students, non-active Catholic students, and non-Catholic students.
For each child applying to St. John Neumann Regional Catholic School, the following items must be received before the student’s application file is complete and considered for admission. While there is no deadline to submit an application, incomplete application packages are handled on an individual basis and are reviewed when they are complete. You are encouraged to complete your application by clicking here. Copies of the application forms are available below if you prefer to complete the forms by hand.
- Application Form — Complete one form for each child applying for admission.
- Application Fee — A non-refundable $125 fee must be submitted for each application in Grades Kindergarten through eighth.
- Baptismal and Birth Certificate — Catholic applicants: The child’s Baptismal Certificate and Birth Certificate must be on file. Please submit the originals; we will copy them and return them to you. Non-Catholic applicants: Please submit the child’s original birth certificate; we will copy it and return it to you.
- Parish Verification Form — A signed Parish Verification Form indicating your family is practicing their faith at an Archdiocesan Catholic Church is required in order to qualify for the Catholic parish subsidized tuition rate. It is the parents’ responsibility to ensure that this form is completed and signed by the pastor of the Georgia Catholic Parish that they actively support. A new Parish Verification Form must be submitted to your pastor every year for determining tuition status for the following school year.
- Student Evaluation Form: Grades K-1 or Grades 2-8 — It is the parents’ responsibility to ensure that this form is submitted to the current school. Upon completion, the school forwards this form directly to St. John Neumann Regional Catholic School. Please make sure you use the appropriate form.
- Authorization to Release Student Records Form — For students applying to Grades 1-8, please submit copies of 1) your child’s latest report card and all past report cards; 2) the results of any standardized tests your child has taken. This form requests records from the current school. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance.
- Immunization Requirements — Upon acceptance, all students must submit the Georgia Certificate of Immunization, Form 3231. In addition, Form 3300, Certificate of Vision, Hearing, and Dental Examinations must be completed for all students. All health forms must be on file prior to the first day of attendance. A complete record is required by law in the State of Georgia and by the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- Archdiocesan Health Form — Upon acceptance, all new students must submit the completed Archdiocesan Health Report, Form 5320. This information is required prior to the first day of attendance. For participation in sports, this physical examination is required each year to be completed after June 1 for the upcoming school year.
All notification letters are mailed the first Friday of April. If accepted, the first month’s tuition payment is due in June. If there are no openings available, the student is placed on a waiting list for the school year. The students on the waiting list are not ranked. When an opening occurs, placement is determined by looking at the school profile of all students on the waiting list. All decisions are made by the Admissions Committee.
We hope you have the opportunity to visit St. John Neumann Regional Catholic School and experience what makes it unique. Please contact the Admissions Office to arrange a visit or for more information. Thank you for visiting our website.
Mrs. Rosa Garcia, Admissions Director
St. John Neumann Regional Catholic School
791 Tom Smith Road
Lilburn, GA 30047